This program converts county abbreviations in
ADIF contest logs to a valid ADIF "CNTY"
field. This is graphical Windows program.
Version 5.5 of the program was released on 2 September 2014. Go to the
Version History to download the installation program.
- Supports these state/regional QSO parties:
- County lines generate multiple QSOs. For example, if you log
me on the county line of Middlesex/Essex MA, you will get two QSOs in
the ADIF file, one for each county. The time for each subsequent QSO on
the county line will be incremented by 1 second. All other QSO information will
be the same.
- Certain portable callsigns will be changed. For example,
W4ABC/SUW in Suwannee, FL will be changed to W4ABC/M. This
prevents logging programs from treating these as a different DXCC entity
(like Egypt in the example). The callsign is not
sufficient to indicate the country being converted; the program must find a
valid exchange field in the ADIF QSO record that contains the country
After downloading the installation program, simply run it and install the program into a directory of your choosing.
To run the program, just double-click on
the program icon. You will see a window like the following:
You must choose the input file, the output file, and the
state or regional QSO party name to convert from the drop-down menu. The name of
the output file must be different from the name of the input file.
Then click on the Convert
button. Any informational, warning or error messages will be printed to the text area at the bottom of the
NOTE: If you run the program and see an error message like this:
The program can't start because mfc100.dll is missing from your computer.
then you need to install one of these libraries, depending on your operating system:
- Only recommended or official county abbreviations are recognized.
For example, MTE (not MAN) is the correct abbreviation for Manatee, FL.
The program will make its best guess (and show a warning) if it doesn't
recognize an abbreviation.
The following contest exchange formats are supported. If your ADIF file
uses a different field, send me the file and I will add support for it:
||<CNTY:#>abbrev (and others)
CT to ADIF already exports the
counties correctly for the contests it supports.
Coming Attractions (maybe)
There are a couple
features that I may implement in the future, if there is interest:
- Add a "generic" mode to convert only STATE abbreviations to an ADIF STATE field
- Additional output for those who want to see it (i.e. show each QSO
that was converted, report total number of QSOs written to output file, etc.)
To download the installation program, click on the hyperlink containing the version number and date.
- Ver. 5.5 - 2 September 2014
- Fixed mapping of Oahu abbreviations to Honolulu Co. in HI QSO Party
- Recognize APP_WRITELOG_C2 as an ADIF field representing a county line
- Ver. 5.4 - 25 August 2014
- Fixed crashes caused by incorrectly-sized string copies (three places)
- Fixed end-of-line termination
- Ver. 5.3 - 27 May 2014
- Removed support for old 3-letter NEQP county abbreviations, some conflicted with the InQP abbreviations (i.e. HANcock)
- Added NM and SD QSO parties
- Started re-write to use common ADIF parser
- Consolidated common code shared with
Convert ADIF to DX4WIN
- Ver. 5.2 - 13 May 2014
- Real Windows installer
- Added Arkansas and Arizona QSO parties
- Resolved a conflict if a state QSO party uses the same abbreviation as a Canadian province
- For contests that also use serial #s, don't try to convert the serial # to an ADIF county
(resulted in spurious error messages)
- Fixed a crash caused by a very long output path (more than about 66 characters)
- Improved handling of independent cities in 7QP, NV and VA QSO Parties
- Ver. 5.1 - 20 January 2014
- Changed compilers from Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 to Visual Studio 2010
- Ver. 5.0 - 2 May 2013
- Added support for combined 7QP/INQP/NEQP weekend
- Adding /M to "mobile" callsigns is optional
- Improved support for N1MM
- Re-wrote to take advantage of common library functions
- Ver. 4.4 - 27 October 2009
- Added IA, KS, NY
- Fixed a problem with 3rd and 4th counties of a county line in some WriteLog contests
- MDC is a valid abbreviation for Maryland
- Fixed crash if path to file name is too long
- Help button goes to the correct URL
- Ver. 4.3 - 22 March 2009
- Added ID, ND
- Ver. 4.2 - 3 March 2009
- Added CO, MS
- Fixed size of states drop-down box
- Ver. 4.0 - 15 March 2007
- Re-wrote the graphical interface
- Fixed a bug with N1MM logs